Mary, wife of William Ryan, died Oct. 2nd, 1876 aged 29 years. "Parted below united above"
Lot #73. The tombstone in memory of Mary Ryan stood deep in the earth, the inscription partly obliterated, until in 1955 it was broken off. It now lies flat next to its base. The footstone "M.D." is misplaced here. It was erected over the grave of Mary Davidson, Moses Denton, or Margaret Doak and should be replaced.
James Ryan claims a lot in the B. Ground, size 10 or 12 feet by 17 feet, Situate about the centre of the New Part, near Allen Street. This lot is marked by a marble slab to the memory of Mary Ryan. This lot was purchased by the above claimer from H. Chestnut about twenty years ago for the sum of $10 or 12.00. Sept 2[?] 1886.
Lovell’s Directory 1871 lists William Ryan, mason, on King Street. William and Mary shared a home with John Ryan, his father.
According to the census of 1881, a brick maker by the name of James Ryan, 43, Irish and Roman Catholic, was living in Fredericton with his wife, Mary Ann, 40, and their six children.