This burial lot, next to that of Manners-Sutton, was owned jointly by Isaac Simmons and John Russell. Part of an iron fence remains.
Sacred to the memory of Sarah A. beloved wife of Isaac W. Simmons, who departed this life on Aug. 6th, 1874 in the 42nd year of her age. Asleep in Jesus, blessed sleep.
The Simmons stone is engraved on two sides.
Sacred to the memory of George R. who departed this life on July 25th, 1859 in the 20th year of his age, son of John and Frances Russell. "Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord."
John Russell died April 2nd, 1875 ae 72 years.
Footstones: "S.S." and "FATHER."
Simmons and Russell had a tannery on the bank of the river at the end of Westmorland Street. They manufactured leather and patent leather, and their business was so profitable that a short railway ran from their premises along Westmorland Street to the main line. John Russell was also a tinsmith.
The Morning News, Saint John, reported on 23 January 1854 that Mr. Isaac W. Simmons and Miss Sarah A. Russell, both of Fredericton, had been married "on the 5th inst." by the Reverend Mr. Churchill. Sarah was a daughter of John Russell and his wife, Frances, who is buried in the Atherton family plot.