George Woods and his wife Jane Fenton

Woods

Miss Lillie A. Woods claims a lot 13 x 20 situate in the new part and adjoining a small lot owned by one Jasper Murphy with monument. Half of the above lot is enclosed with granite posts, the other half having no enclosure but simply marked off. This lot was purchased by Miss L.A. Woods’ mother some 20 years ago from R. Woods for which a receipt is held.

A large new rose quartz stone, with “Father” and “Mother” engraved on the base, stands in this lot. It is four-sided and engraved on three sides.

“FATHER” In loving memory of George Woods, who departed this life 6th October, 1859 aged 59 years.

“MOTHER” In loving memory of Jane Fenton, wife of George Woods, who departed this life 13th October, 1887, in the 81st year of her age.

The home of George Woods stood on the site of 24 Waterloo Row.

Advertisement, November 1828:

The Fredericton Reading and News Room are now opening for the reception of members and their friends in Mr. Hatheway’s brick building in Queen Street opposite the Military Promenade every day, Sundays excepted, from 9 o’clock in the morning till 9 o’clock in the evening. George Woods, Fredericton, December 2.

New Brunswick Courier, 7 March 1835:

Married on Wednesday morning, 25th ult. in Christ Church, Fredericton, by the Ven. Archdeacon Coster, Mr. George Woods, merchant, to Janet, eldest daughter of Mr. James Fenton of Dramore, Ireland.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *