A large Masonic emblem marks the graves of the Todd family.
In Memoriam. George Todd, born Dec. 25, 1812, died June 12, 1898. "From labour to refreshment".
Sarah A. Todd, b. Nov. 19, 1815, died Jan. 2nd, 1883. "Her children rose up and called her blessed."
Charles Murray Todd, b. July 28, 1838, d. April 17, 1883.
John Franklin Todd, b. Oct. 1, 1853, d. Jan. 23, 1861.
In memory of Robert Wiley, son of George and Sarah Todd, d. 19th July, 1849, ae 19 months.
Footstones: "G.T., S.A.T." and "R.W.T."
It was reported in 1938 by the York-Sunbury Historical Society that George Cox Todd was a grandson of the Loyalist Reuben Todd, who was a son of Mix Todd, a soldier of the Revolutionary War. The name Cox relates back to the wife of Justus Todd, Sarah Cox, who in December 1812, carrying a heavy load of vegetables, sugar, and beans, perished when she went through the ice. In 1837, a Lieut. William Todd, born in 1813, was serving with the 85th Regiment.
Journals of the House of Assembly, New Brunswick, 11 February 1847:
Mr. Fisher by leave presents a petition from Adams Crane of Douglas in the County of York praying that the pension due to the late Ruth Todd, at the time of her death as the widow of an old soldier of the Revolutionary war may be granted to him.
Journals of the House of Assembly, New Brunswick, 20 February 1847:
To Adam Crane, the sum of 11 pounds being the amount due to his late mother-in-law, Ruth Todd, the widow of the late Mix Todd, an old soldier of the Revolutionary War for the year ending 1846.
George Todd’s place of business for over sixty years was a foundry on King Street, which occupied the former site of the Reformed Baptist Church. He was a blacksmith. He was the grandfather of Emma Todd who died in 1954. She lived all her life in her grandfather’s house, east of the gaol on Brunswick Street. The lovely old house was demolished in 1974, for parking purposes.
New Brunswick Directory for 1865-66:
CITY FOUNDRY King St. Fredericton, N.B. George Todd, manufacturer of cook, close and parlour stoves. Ploughs.
In 1871 Jane Todd, Irish, aged 84, was living with her daughter Jane, Mrs. John Edgecombe. She is thought to be the mother of George Todd. Murray Todd was the eldest son of George and Sarah Todd. George S. Todd, his brother, was the father of Emma Todd.
George Harry, son of W.H. and Elizabeth Bradley, died January 2, 1870, aged 8 years and 9 months. "Of such is the Kingdom of Heaven."
It is thought that Elizabeth, the child’s mother, was a daughter of George and Sarah Todd. Harry Bradley lived in the home of George Todd. In 1864, "Bradley’s Wharf" was opposite the Grammar School near the Cathedral.
George Todd claims a lot in the B. Ground, size 15 x 20 feet. Situate in the New Part of the burial ground. Bounded by the John Anderson lot. On the South by George Street fence. This lot is enclosed by an iron fence with the name ‘George Todd’ on the Gate and is marked by a Monument to the memory of Mr. Todd’s son Robert Wiley. This lot was purchased by Mr. Todd over twenty years ago for the sum of twelve dollars.